post or get arrays

hyster

i have a form that im trying to pass an array that can be a diffrent amount off values.

the get string is .php?sel%5B%5D=225&sel%5B%5D=227&sel%5B%5D=232

the values need to be stored in a DB and used at a later date in another page to pull the data back so i need to pull it back out so i can loop the sql (select from database where id = 'array').

the code im trying to use to use the data is (just want to get the data atm)

echo 'Hello ' . htmlspecialchars($_GET["sel"]) . '!'

but i get an error htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string.

ive never had to work with an array this way and im pulling my hair out :(

thanks

from what ive read i need to pass the array from the form as ( name="sel[]" ) which results in .php?sel%5B%5D=225&sel%5B%5D=227&sel%5B%5D=232

if i remove the [] i get .php?sel=225&sel=227&sel=232 and can only get the last entry.

from what i understand the %5B%5D represents the [] in the url.

ive removed most of the php and left the java out as this part works ok.

<FORM onsubmit="placeInHidden('.', 'sel3', 'hide2');" method="get"
 action="insert_tanks.php"><SELECT id="sel3" multiple="multiple" size="5">
 <?php

?>
 <option value="<?php echo $row['list']; ?>"><?php echo $row['tier']." - ".$row['name']; ?></option>

</SELECT><INPUT id="hide2" name="hide2Name"
 type="hidden"><BR></FORM></TD>
<TD vAlign="middle" align="center">
 <FORM><INPUT onclick="moveOptions(document.getElementById('sel3'), document.getElementById('sel4'));" value="-->" type="button"><BR><INPUT onclick="moveOptions(document.getElementById('sel4'), document.getElementById('sel3'));" value="<--" type="button"></FORM></TD>
<TD>
 <FORM onsubmit="selectAllOptions('sel4');" method="get" action="insert_tank.php">
	 Auto-select<BR><SELECT id="sel4" multiple="multiple" size="5" name="sel"></SELECT><BR><INPUT value="Submit" type="submit"></FORM>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.