Suggest Framework

JaredRitchey

Code Igniter is fairly old. I recently tried to use it for a project and found it to be very frustrating, and I have 8 years professional experience as a PHP dev. Just one opinion.

Cake PHP is my favorite. 

However, why do you need to chose a framework to hire a programmer? Seems like it'd be better to look for people who have great experience and professional quality, and ask THEM what framework if any they prefer to use?

Out of the several frameworks that are out there I have taken a liking to CodeIgniter, a very extensive framework with a fairly small foot print. It meets your criteria as well.

CI is definitely on it's last legs. It has failed to keep up with PHP's development, is poorly deigned and not very well tested. Out of all the major frameworks around, CI is probably the worst of the lot.

For my money, Symfony2 and Laravel are the only options. From a technical stand point, Symfony is pretty much as good as it gets at the moment, while Laravel is very well designed and still easy to use.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.