Problem with Front End Album Gallery

Kolinski

I have a backend which works fine. It creates a title and a description for an album. Which then you can add a photo to an album. Each photo is stored in a directory! not in the database. You have a unique album_id for each album. e.g. 1 2 3 4 5.... You then have a folder called thumbs which again will have 1,2,3,4,5 for the thumbnail pictures for that album. 

The Problem: 

I have a script which shows the images of a certain directory but I don't want this.

I've been working on a script which use a while loop. I would like to loop through the directory of 'thumbs'. for each album_id I want to get a random thumbnail appearing for that album. 

I have attached the script to the post. At the moment I am getting an error:

Notice: Undefined index: album_id in C:\xampp\htdocs\dashboard\test1.php on line 4

The other attached file called test.php works fine and that shows me thumbnails of the album id folder 8. 

I've been working on this for days, I can't find anything online to help me sort this, I followed some tutorials, I asked some friends and this is where I've got to...

I'd really appreciate any help :) Thank you - This is my first post so I apologize in advance

test1.php

test1.php

test.php

Edited by Kolinski

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.