Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTIO

ismael84

Hello

When I run this command-bash-3.2 $ php magmi.cli.php-mode = update-profile = default SSH to import a csv file Magento products in my shop I get this message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/content/17/10622317/html/magmi/inc/magmi_loggers.php on line 4

<?php 
class FileLogger
{
protected $_fname;

public function __construct($fname=null)
{
if($fname==null)
{
$fname=Magmi_StateManager::getProgressFile(true);
}
$this->_fname=$fname;
$f=fopen($this->_fname,"w");
if($f==false)
{
throw new Exception("CANNOT WRITE PROGRESS FILE ");
}
fclose($f);
}

public function log($data,$type)
{

$f=fopen($this->_fname,"a");
if($f==false)
{
throw new Exception("CANNOT WRITE PROGRESS FILE ");
}
$data=preg_replace ("/(\r|\n|\r\n)/", "<br>", $data);
fwrite($f,"$type:$data\n");
fclose($f);
}

}

class EchoLogger
{
{
$info=explode(";",$type);
$type=$info[0];
echo('<p class="logentry log_'.$type.'">'.$data."</p>");
}

}
class CLILogger
{
{
echo("$type:$data\n");
}
}
?>

magmi_loggers.php

Argh! Unexpected T_String! These are the worst. It means you are missing something or something got added. I noticed something, look here...

<?php 
class FileLogger
{
protected $_fname;

{
if($fname==null)
{

Look at your $_fname variable on line 4 and then you have it in the public function differently, $fname. Is that it? It says the error is on line 4. 

Let me know,

Argh! Unexpected T_String! These are the worst. It means you are missing something or something got added. I noticed something, look here...

<?php 
class FileLogger
{
protected $_fname;

{
if($fname==null)
{
Look at your $_fname variable on line 4 and then you have it in the public function differently, $fname. Is that it? It says the error is on line 4.

Let me know,

That's kind of how function arguments work. You can call it whatever you want when you pass it in. See variable scope.

That's kind of how function arguments work. You can call it whatever you want when you pass it in. See variable scope.

I know what you mean. The error is saying it is on line 4 and on line 4 he has a different variable outside of this function then he does on the inside. Plus the $_fname isn't anywhere else. It is suppose to be $fname. It is just a typo error

No.

Dude.

$_fname is the property name.

When you pass an argument into the function you can call it whatever you want.

PHP doesn't care if you typo your variables when they're legit names.

I'm sorry but you're dead wrong on that. Seriously go google PHP variable scope.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.