Problem inserting data into MYSQL via PHP

regrahc

Hello, I found the attached php script online and was wondering if someone would mind taking a look at it. I have attempted to modify the script to pull down Craigslist posts. I used the exact SQL script for creating the rssingest table, and have modified the variables (username, password, etc) to fit my environment (left them out of the file for obvious reasons). Using PHP/MySQL on Hostgator.

When I run the script, I get the message that it’s working, but no data is being inserted into my database:

Access key correct, proceeding...

Starting to work with feed URL 'http://sandiego.craigslist.org/reo/index.rss'"

Thinking I had some sort of column mismatch, I used Excel to pull Craigslist data into a spreadsheet via the following: Excel Blog - Pulling RSS data into Excel (or: Using Excel to Search Craigslist) - Part 1 (file attached).

It looks like it should work, IMHO. Would someone be so kind as to take a look and see if you can find what I’m missing?

Thank you in advance for any and all help!

index_clean.zip

So - you say you are reading the data successfully, but you can't post it in your database.  So - rather than expect us to look at a whole lot of code, why not just post the part that is trying to post your database?  Show the query you are using,  Better yet - show us the error message you get from running the insert query.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.