inputted data in inputs

ricmetal

hi guys

i regularly see text iv'e inputted in a html text input field on some website being displayed on another website's html input field.

i'm thinking this is because the text fields have the same name on both websites..

is that correct?

do i need to add very specific text input field names to avoid having the content a user inputs into a text field not show up on another websites input field, say for when a different user uses the same computer so no to show the information inputted?

regards

Not really. Things like name and address fields should use the common names so that the browser (which is what's showing you the past inputs) can accurately judge whether, in fact, to display name and address information you've used in the past. They're also fairly good at recognizing generic fields like "username" and "email" and not showing every single username or every single email you've entered on other sites.

If you want to completely disable the autocomplete on common fields and force the users to retype information that they may have used elsewhere, and want to use on your form, then use the HTML 5 autocomplete attribute:

Or for the entire form,

hi

yes, they're fairly good but not always, cause sometimes they do show information inputted on a different website...

i don't want to turn autocomplete off ...

regards

Edited by ricmetal

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.