Need help with a $_GET request

eldan88

Hey,

I am trying to pass in the $confirmation_method at the end of the /voice.php url, for this voice application API I that I am working on

However dreamweaver gives me a syntax error from the line number starting with the variable $call . I think I am not concatenating the code correctly after ?confirmation_method=

Any suggestions?

Thanks

if($_POST['telephone_keypad']) {
	$confirmation_method = $_POST['telephone_keypad'];

//The code below is for the telephone keypad
$call = $client->account->calls->create("+17185697116", "+13472734190","http://www.myurl.com/voice_demo/voice.php?confirmation_method="  . echo "{$confirmation_method}",array  ("StatusCallback" => "http://www.myurl.com/voice_demo/call_back.php"));
}
?>

echo is for output only, and it's a statement not an expression (so you can't use it as if it returns a value or something).

"http://www.myurl.com/voice_demo/voice.php?confirmation_method={$confirmation_method}"
You really should be validating that $confirmation_method before you blindly stick it in a URL like that.

echo is for output only, and it's a statement not an expression (so you can't use it as if it returns a value or something).

"http://www.myurl.com/voice_demo/voice.php?confirmation_method={$confirmation_method}"
You really should be validating that $confirmation_method before you blindly stick it in a URL like that.

Oh okay i see the mistake.

What do you mean by validating the $confirmation_method?

Aren't i doing that with the  if($_POST['telephone_keypad'])?

This is how my form looks like

Please Select what type confirmation method you would like to use:
<?php if(!empty($message)) {echo "<b>" . $message . "</b>";} ?>
<form action="confirmation.php" method="post">
Order Management <input type="radio" name="order_management" /><br />
Telephone Keypad <input type="radio" name="telephone_keypad" /><br />

<input type="submit" name="submit" value="submit" />

</form>

Just because your form has it as a radio button doesn't mean it will contain the values you expect. Heck, I don't know what value you expect it to have in the first place. If it should even have one.

I'm sorry. I'm not to familiar with HTML. What is the use of adding a value in the radio fields?

The way you have your form setup right now, a user could select both radio options. It's not an either/or choice which is typically what radio buttons are for. Give it a try for yourself, click the first radio, then the second radio. Both will be selected.

The way you are supposed to create radio groups is to give every radio button the same name, but a different value.

And, in the odd case you'd actually want the two radios to function separately as they do, you still either need a value or need to change your code to work based on the name. Since the radio's have no value currently, $_POST['telephone_keypad'] would either be an empty string or maybe 'on', not sure how the browsers would treat that.

The way you have your form setup right now, a user could select both radio options. It's not an either/or choice which is typically what radio buttons are for. Give it a try for yourself, click the first radio, then the second radio. Both will be selected.

The way you are supposed to create radio groups is to give every radio button the same name, but a different value.

And, in the odd case you'd actually want the two radios to function separately as they do, you still either need a value or need to change your code to work based on the name. Since the radio's have no value currently, $_POST['telephone_keypad'] would either be an empty string or maybe 'on', not sure how the browsers would treat that.

Wow your are right. I have now added values to it.

I know  this is an amanuter question, but what conition should I use to validate $confirmation_method?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.