Compiling PHP CODE

Compiling a new PHP extension seems to be complicated as hell..

for using pspell php extension I have to recompile the php code with the command flag --with-pspell.

There's two ways of linking/having an extension  works.

The first one is to linking the extention's dll with the php.ini file and the second way of having an extension works is to recompile the

php code with appropriate flags.

I've choosed the all ways of having extension works, I get the extension's dll and put it into the php ext folder(which I got this from the phpinfo information - a directory the extensions load from) then uncheck the php extension list within the php.ini file.

That doest works.

So I've tried old school.

Downloaded a php source code(stepping over some article)

buildconf --force

configure --with-pspell

then BAAM

an error:

ext\mysqlnd\mysqlnd_net.c(33) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'zl
ib.h': No such file or directory
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"d:\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN\cl.exe"' : r
eturn code '0x2'
Stop.

There is no information out there that could help me.

Trying to build PHP yourself on windows is going to be a pain, you'll need to make sure you acquire and build any other dependency packages as well as PHP, such as zlib which is what your current error shows.

What issues were you having trying to get the .dll to load? Try the builds available from http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?p=25460 they contain the pspell dll.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.