Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Irate

SQLite 3 - Importing .db file?

The topic title says it all - I have a .©db file (the c standing for cards, but that doesn't change the format) including a complex relationship of cards, their names and their associated images.

It is written in SQLite 3 dialect, which I happen to have installed on my PC and also can get it working, but I cannot import the file and work it, somehow.

How would I work on importing it?

Thanks in advance for any support.

What do you want to import it into?

Anywhere, but, have it be specific, into either a CSV or a new table on my XAMPP pMA.

So.. where exactly are you stuck?

Generally everything, I have the components but I cannot quite properly figure out the format the file is in right now (I didn't write the file), I also never have used SQLite much...

I excuse if this sounds a bit... illiterate, but I haven't been able to access the internet properly in the course of the last three days so I couldn't quite look up the documentation for it.

Good, exactly what I was looking for.

I will report back here if anything goes wrong.

Kudos anyway.

Good, exactly what I was looking for.

You probably should have mentioned that then. The title of your thread is very misleading.

Yeah, I was in a hurry to get this finished at school, I'll try better next time.

However, both my localhost and my online host give me an error for an undefined function call whenever I try to use sqlite_open.

Have you tried the sqlite3 extension or PDO?

I guess I tried using the sqlite3 extension, though I am not sure if I needed to install anything else on my localhost or on my PHP host, seeing as I am very limited with time lately.

Would PDO work without installing anything additional?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.