White Screen Trouble

lauren_etherington
Go to solution Solved by lauren_etherington,

Sooo,

I could use some help. The code is needed to populate a database from the form, unfortunately, it is not populating the database. When I click submit, a white page appears :(

<?php
$a = $_POST['auth'];
$t = $_POST['tit'];
$st = $_POST['stat'];
$sn = $_POST['short'];
$c = $_POST['art'];

$conn = mysqli_connect("");
if(!is_uploaded_file($_FILES['file']['tmp_name']))
{
	$query = "INSERT INTO newsitem (author,title,shortdesc,article,newsdate,status) VALUES ('$a','$t','$sn','$c',CURDATE(),'$st')";

}
else
{
	if ($_FILES['file']['type'] != "image/gif"  && $_FILES['file']['type'] != "image/jpeg"  && $_FILES['file']['type'] != "image/jpg"  && $_FILES['file']['type'] != "image/x-png"  && $_FILES['file']['type'] != "image/png")
	{
		$query = "INSERT INTO newsitem (author,title,shortdesc,article,newsdate,status) VALUES ('$a','$t','$sn','$c',CURDATE(),'$st')";

}
	else
	{
		$finame = $_FILES["file"]["name"];

$result = move_uploaded_file($_FILES['file']['tmp_name'], "../news/$finame");
		if ($result == 1)
		{
			$query = "INSERT INTO newsitem (author,title,shortdesc,article,newsdate,status) VALUES ('$a','$t','$sn','$c',CURDATE(),'$st','$finame')";

}
		else
		{

}
	}
}
$conn->close();
?>

I cannot for the life of me see what it wrong with it, When I run the debugger it cuts off at conn with the  Call to undefined function mysqli_connect() error message.

If anyone could help point me in the right direction that would be great :)

Find your php.ini and set

error_reporting = -1
display_errors = on
Then restart your web server and run your script. Do you still get that error message? (I'm sure you will.)

The message means you don't have the mysqli extension enabled. Are you sure that's what you're supposed to be using? Maybe you're using the mysql_* functions or PDO in the rest of your code?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.