PHP Warning

Heard my site was having a few time outs and was told to go take a look at the error logs.  I had no idea what those were so that took a while but I eventually found them - thousands of them Module 'gd' already loaded in Unknown on line 0

Found a few forums that said to comment them out.  I'm not a web guy and have no idea what that means or how to do it.

Would anyone be kind enough to take a look and help me out?

website is www.fotoflare.ca

Much appreciated

I'd guess that it is an include (or require) trying to bring in a module repeatedly.  Perhaps this is something that changed in a newer version and is now showing as an error whereas it didn't before.  Probably have to change all the includes/requires to the "_once" form.

In my experience:

Module 'gd' already loaded in Unknown on line 0

means that PHP has attempted to load this module from either the PHP.INI file (the GD or GD2 extension, although the error message might be little different on startup errors) or from a ZendGuard or ionCube loader file that might be using the dl() command.

The fact that there is no known file or line number means (IMO) that PHP wasn't running a human-readable script.

I think the version of PHP may be prior to 5.3, and this is only a warning. PHP won't crash or exit because something is asking PHP to load this module when it is already loaded.

So, I think your time outs are not caused by this situation.

Edited by bsmither

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.