Need help with cURL

Pain

Hi. I am fairly new with cURL.

I have a URL like example.com/index.php?something=value&somethingtwo=valuetwo

How can I get those values and print them out?

I've got this code, but have no idea what to do next, please help guys!

<?php

function get($url, $params=array()) 
{ 

$url = $url.'?'.http_build_query($params, '', '&');

$ch = curl_init();

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, 10);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);

$response = curl_exec($ch);

curl_close($ch);

return $response;
}

// Sample call

echo get('https://www.example.com/index.php', array('something'=>'value', 'somethingtwo'=>'valuetwo'));

?>

First of all: Guys, please, please stop copying and pasting crap code you found somewhere on the Internet.

I understand that you're new to cURL. But the answer to this problem is to learn, not adopt the first piece of code you've stumbled upon. After 4 years, you should know that most code is plain crap and pretty much the last thing you want on your server.

This line silently breaks the security of all HTTPS connections by turning off certificate verification:

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);

That's obviously a very, very bad idea, because the whole reason for using HTTPS is security. Even worse, this “feature” isn't documented anywhere in the code you've posted. It just sits there waiting to take effect when you least expect it.

Actually, the only reason why this option is used at all is because people don't know how to set up HTTPS, run into an error and decide to “solve” this problem by effectively deactivating HTTPS. How intelligent.

So don't use the code. Take some time to learn cURL and then write your own code.

How can I get those values and print them out?

Get which values?

Edited by Jacques1

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.