Display remote mysql data on different websites

thara

I have created 5 websites under 5 different domains. Contents of this websites' are similar and using a same template for each one. Now I need to create an admin panel to control these websites. PHP and MySql I will use for this backend.

My problem is how can I manage these five website with one backend? Reason is I will use different domain for my backend. My all 5 client will use this same backend system to manage their own website.

So can I know from the professionals here, is it possible to display mysql data on these 5 website. If it is possible then how?

Any links to article or tutorials would be welcome and appreciated.

NOTE: I checked

mysql federated storage engine

but no idea? Is it the way where do I need to go?

Thank you.

Your mysql server needs to accept requests from outside in that case, which can be very insecure. You should absolutely configure your mysql server to use and only accept connections over a SSL connection. To make a certificate and configure the mysql server is work for an expert if i may say so.

An api works in most cases from PHP application to another PHP application but for sensitive data like userdata for example it is also highly recommanded to use SSL connections, 

I would imagine you can use an iFrame to load pages from another site. This is (in some) ways similar to QuickOldCar's suggestion of an api though.

However, as mentioned, security should be a serious consideration - especially if any of that data is sensitive. SSL would certainly aid that.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.