Mysqli class missing from PHP version 5+.

Hi,

I am trying to connect to a database using mysqli from a web developing software package called Sellerdeck.

This software is purely windows based, it has PHP configured to a certain extent it seems.

I ran the phpinfo(); command and can't find anything to do with MYSQL in the settings of the version.

So i tried to download the php_mysql.dll  and libmysql.dll files, I have referenced them in the php.ini file  by using

extension_dir="./"

extension=php_mysql.dll 

extension=libmysql.dll

(Also best to mention that "  extension_dir="./" "  was the only line of text in the php.ini file by default)

This didn't seem to make a difference at all, still get the same error.

Is there anything I can try to do? I really can't understand it as php 5 comes with mysql built in, but it seems that Sellerdeck have stripped that usability from the php version!

Any advice appreciated

Edited by engy123

So i tried to download the php_mysql.dll  and libmysql.dll files,

Those files are for the old mysql extension. MySQLi requires the php_mysqli.dll extension to be enabled. You should not need to download the mysql extensions as they are bundled with PHP

I would suggest you add your PHP installation folder to the Windows PATH Environment Variable first and then configure the extensions_dir directive in the php.in to be an absolute path to the ext/ folder in your PHP installation folder.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.