[SOLVED] Alternatives to overflow: scroll;

Ninjakreborn

http://www.secretefeedback.com/index.php
Ok, see how I am doing the scroll, how can I make the layout, expand to this, without the scroll bar.  He wants 50 view per showing, then pagination, that's all fine, but it's the length of hte layout, any advice?
Or would a scroll bar be best in this situation?

Any overflow other than scroll, also leaving overflow default, the layout is only so tall.  Since there are a display of 50 results, within the scrollbar, the other 40 go flying off the layout, where you can't even read them.  So is there an alternative way to set this up without the scroll bars, and without major alterations to the current layout.

Based on that response, the only solutions would be to use a microfont so it would all fit on a normal monitor, or use a monitor that's 800px wide by 1000000px high.

So what's the [i]real problem[/i] that you're trying to solve when scrollbars are the perfect solution for content that's longer than the monitor can display?

Ok good point. 
Based on what I had read throughout php freaks, and on other sites.  I was under the impression that scrollbars for anything was a bad solution.  So I have avoided them thus far, like the plague.  Why do I see so many bad things about that, in website critique, everytime someone uses scrollbar, someone tells that they should take that out.

[quote author=businessman332211 link=topic=117634.msg480604#msg480604 date=1165511653]
Why do I see so many bad things about that, in website critique, everytime someone uses scrollbar, someone tells that they should take that out.
[/quote]

I bet those are references to [b]horizontal scrollbars[/b] that result from a content width that's greater than the container or viewport. For example, designing a fixed-width site at 1200px generates a horizontal scrollbar for all lesser resolutions, hence the 'take it out' comments in the critique section.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.