PHP Page not displaying

damndionic360

I am having issues with a php page i'm working on

I have a list.php which is recalling data from a mysql database, a config.php as a connection page to my db. Below is my edit.php page and when i view it, its completely blank. Where is my code gone wrong?

URL string http://localhost/example/edit.php?id=382 (which should be recalling the client id of 382 to edit)`

<html>
<body>
<?php
include('config.php');
if(isset($_GET['cx_id']))
{
$id=$_GET['cx_id'];
if(isset($_POST['submit']))
{
$name=$_POST['Name'];
$address=$_POST['Address'];
$query3=mysqli_query("update restrictedkeys set Name='$name', Address='$address' where cx_id='$id'");
if($query3)
{
header('location:list.php');
}
}
$query1=mysqli_query("select * from restrictedkeys where cx_id='$id'");
$query2=mysqli_fetch_array($query1);
?>
<form method="post" action="">
Name:<input type="text" name="name" value="<?php echo $query2['Name']; ?>" /><br />
Address:<input type="text" name="address" value="<?php echo $query2['Address']; ?>" /><br /><br />
<br />
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="update" />
</form>
<?php
}
?>
</body>
</html>

Thank you for your help!

You need to turn error reporting on. Preferably in your php.ini file but if not possible put this at top of the script

error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', 1);

mysqli_query requires the connection as its first parameter. With error reporting on it would have told you.

You also need exit; after a header redirect to stop other code in the page from executing.

PS If error reporting is on, the redirect may be hiding the message.

Edited by Barand

He has more problems than that. The code is vulnerable to an SQL Injection Attack. You NEVER EVER send user supplied data directly to the database. I could delete his entire database in 2 seconds.

The query naming 123 is ridiculous and confusing. There are only two queries yet he has query #3?

Edited by benanamen

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.