Products Menu with database

webvidhya1

Hi all,

I am new to PHP,  I am doing a website in PHP for one of my client, here I need sub menus(second child also in some cases) in Products.

I created a database with all products, via Column ( category, Sub-category, Product Name, image, Description etc) here I want to show products depending  on category and Sub-category.

I want to get your valuable thoughts to do this efficiently. I thought if all the Sub-menus (Sub-category) loads while page starting it may simply waste of bandwidth and reduce speed, so thought to load the Sub-category only when the particular sub-menu is clicked. and disconnect after leaving that particular page.

Please correct me if i am wrong. Please let me know how to do this, if possible please share the code/link.

Thanks in advance your valuable time.

Thanks,

webvidhya

So you are looking to dynamically generate the sub-categories based on whatever category is selected, correct? I assume that you are looking to do this without the page reloading, correct? If so, you will need to look into a solution, such as AJAX, that connects the front end (HTML) to the back end (PHP).

Archived