• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 95 posts
  • LocationToo Close to LONDON

Posted 14 December 2005 - 11:34 AM

Disappearing </html> and </body> tags

Hello all,

Any ideas? I have been chopping the 3 column left nav CSS template into PHP include files to make a change to PHP/MySQL run a little easier but when I create the footer file the remaining code, the </html> and </body> tags disappear. The only way I can keep them in place is to add a <!-- Grrrr --> comment as the last line in the whole code. Any ideas why it is doing this… it’s driving me mad!!!!

i dont think the comment "Grrr" is propper code but hey DW seems to understand my feelings on this...

Mouse

#2 moberemk

moberemk
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 695 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 04:45 PM

HTML and Body tags aren't supposed to go into include files. Just where is it that these files are dissapearing from? The include files or the file including them?
Disclaimer: No matter how harsh I may be, I'm always IMO only.

#3 Mouse

Mouse
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 95 posts
  • LocationToo Close to LONDON

Posted 15 December 2005 - 08:23 AM

[!--quoteo(post=327459:date=Dec 14 2005, 04:45 PM:name=moberemk)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(moberemk @ Dec 14 2005, 04:45 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
HTML and Body tags aren't supposed to go into include files. Just where is it that these files are dissapearing from? The include files or the file including them?
[/quote]
in answer to the question, no the tags are not in the include files but in the "template" pade into which i am pulling the includes...

many thanks for your attention tho

Mouse

#4 trq

trq
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 31,041 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 03:47 PM

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]HTML and Body tags aren't supposed to go into include files[/quote]
says who?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users