edit pad ??

Ninjakreborn

I had notepad, my dad installed something he found a long time ago (he came to visit and put it on the computer, which is fine), it's called "Edit Pad".  I don't mind, it does everything it should, but it won't let me send stuff through msn, even though it's a text file with a .txt extension.  The editpad is made to overwrite all notepad pages without touching them, it just opens them up on your computer in notepad, while still leaving it a txt file so other people can still open it.  Is there an alternative way to get this to send through msn, it sends through email just fine.  However I sometimes need to send people something quick, or should I uninstall it.  I am not looking for something that has advanced specialties, I already have a coding/programming text editor that I work with just fine.  I want one for general use, but more powerful that notepad.  For instance if I use notepad 2, or something else, will it still be a .txt extension. 

Does anyone have any advice on something different, maybe something I haven't heard of before.

i more than anyone HATE bandwagons, but the best i've ever found is Textmate on the Mac.

Grrrr that they dont do a PC version. It has this mad little function where you start typing (for example) 'function' or 'class' and hit the tab key, and voila - an ENTIRE skeleton of a function or class is created. further presses of the tab key skip through all the bits you'd probably want to change (like the name, parameters, etc. also just simple things - like you type a ( or a { or a [ and the close bracket is put in immediately and your cursor jumps right into the middle.

seriously, i played with that thing for a good few hours and the only thing that puts me off is the fact that i like to get used to a certain way of working, whether it be on my mac or on my PC. If there was a PC equivalent, it'd be bye bye notepad, bye bye dreamweaver.

But there isn't. :(

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.