Extract database values

gansai

I was trying to extract all the records from sql query, it shows only the last record, $result is in for loop.

function no_act(dept_id)
{
   $noact = mysqli_query('SELECT deptid, act_name FROM dept WHERE act_id='.$actid.'');
   foreach($noact as $n)     
   {
      $result = $n->act_name;             
   }    
   return $result; 
}

no_act(dept_id);

It shouldn't be showing anything at all.

You're not using the dollar sign on either dept_id, then you're not using dept_id and you're making up $actid out of apparently nowhere. In addition to that, you're overwriting the value of $result on each iteration through the foreach loop, meaning that even if everything worked correctly and there were no typos in the code, you'd only expect to get the last result and the code is doing exactly what you're asking it to do.

16 hours ago, maxxd said:

It shouldn't be showing anything at all.

You're not using the dollar sign on either dept_id, then you're not using dept_id and you're making up $actid out of apparently nowhere. In addition to that, you're overwriting the value of $result on each iteration through the foreach loop, meaning that even if everything worked correctly and there were no typos in the code, you'd only expect to get the last result and the code is doing exactly what you're asking it to do.

I was trying to extract all the records from sql query, it shows only the last record, $result is in for loop.

$actid = required_param('id', PARAM_INT);
function no_act($dept_id)
{
   $noact = mysqli_query('SELECT deptid, act_name FROM dept WHERE act_id='.$actid.'');
   foreach($noact as $n)     
   {
      $result = $n->act_name;             
   }    
   return $result; 
}

no_act($dept_id);

I agree there was no $ for the variable.(edited the code). As I couldn't post the entire code, rather I was just looking for logic. I want to extract all the values from the query. When I call no_act($dept_id); it shows only the last record. Let me know where am I going wrong in my code.

Archived