Kevin

Kevin11

Hello!

I'm struggling with a php tutorial. This one to be specific: https://webdamn.com/build-helpdesk-system-with-php-mysql/

I created the tables in the DB, I add users, but it won't let me login with them. I can't figure out what I'm missing and it's really starting to frustrate me.

What am I missing? Any ideas?

Edited by Kevin11

there's nothing about this code that makes it worth using.

well written code should be -

1. secure
  2. provide a good user experience
  3. be simple, general-purpose, and reusable
  4. either work or tell you why it doesn't work

this code fails on all these points.

if you are just starting out, you need to start small. learn how to write valid html for a form with just a single form field and the php code needed to process the form data. learn how to securely build, execute, and test/use the result from SELECT and INSERT queries. you can then use the knowledge you have learned to produce ever increasingly complex applications or to debug code that others have written.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.