Streaming Audio for a website?

ober

I have a request from a client to put a "radio" of sorts on their site.  Something where the users can pick a genre and have it stream from another site.

I'm kind of against the idea because it's for a forum... so unless I build a seperate frame, the music will restart everytime they move to a different thread.  Damn.. I just thought of that and I'm not sure how I'd make it work now.

Anyways... if any of you stream audio from a service (even paid), I'd appreciate the recommendations.

I made you a solution: http://xaos-ia.com/daniel/frames_test/
Download: http://xaos-ia.com/daniel/frames_test.zip

Either you need to manually add [tt]target='_parent'[/tt] to all links or you need to fix my javascript in real_index.php. You might want to put the javascript in a file for itself as well. Additionally you need to make a noframes version so people with no support for frames, frames turned off or search engines can access the page.

What you requested. The thing is that if you just just frames you will break things such as bookmarking, so you will need some way to pass the GET variables to the frame and make links' target _parent. I just figured out though that this will in fact restart the streaming, so you can choose to break the bookmark feature and keep the links' targets as default.

Unfortunately, I think the best would be a popup window.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.