FPDF Problem

baghel23

I am using the fpdf library for my project, and I'm using this to extend one of the drupal module. These lines

$pdf = new FPDF(); $pdf->AddPage(); $pdf->SetFont('Arial','B',16); $pdf->Cell(40,10,'Hello World!'); $pdf->Output();

give me an error: FPDF error: Some data has already been output, can't send PDF

I tried creating this in a separate file outside the drupal area name test.php and when viewed it worked. Anyone here know why this don't work? Or anyone here can point me a right pdf library which I can use in drupal to view HTML to PDF format.

Always put FPDF code in a script by itself. Link to that script to get the pdf file

<a href='create_pdf.php'>Create PDF</a>

The TCPDF library has a "WriteHTML()" function. Don't expect much by way of documentation for this library. Apart from the source code, I haven't found any yet.

Your script is poorly constructed.  You are sending something to the client prior to the pdf content.  No can do.  Probably a blank line outside of php mode.  One trick?  Never Leave PHP mode in your scripts

PS - what line does the error message give you?  That IS the problem.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.