How can I anchor to a <h1 id="title1"> tag of external url?

eaglehopes
Go to solution Solved by requinix,

I want to link to a special tag, for instance the <h1 id="title1"> tag in external url. Can I do that, how ? I tried , no success:

<a href="...freecluster.eu/page=x.html#title1"> link</a>

Thanks. :)

Edited by eaglehopes
[Edited : it has a special name : "anchoring a tag", not "linking", so I changed the title.

• eaglehopes changed the title to How can I anchor to a <h1 id="title1"> tag of external url?

No. I am using index.php page to include other pages and external url tag is inside one of that pages. I can give an example :

url of the external page  : http://x.freecluster.eu/index.php?page=articles

tag in the external page : <h2 id="specialfirewall"> ....</h2> (title of one article)

I want to link from : http://x.freecluster.eu/index.php?page=blog&subblog=CP&fin=FIXBUGS&blogPage=2.php

I added a link there but I can only get the page not focused on the tag like href="#<id>".

Can I do what I want with html?

Edited by eaglehopes
I delete some part of my page to not seen as making an advertisement of my page....

Sometimes I saw that some sites do such things,,, maybe I saw it wrong, because I could not remember any site name.

I think it is not feasible to do such thing. Maybe I must seperate pages and link to seperate page which will be the most easy solution for now ☺️

3 hours ago, eaglehopes said:

could you post the ACTUAL url you tried in your markup. i copied the above into a browser's address bar, added #art15 on the end of it, and it went to that point on the web page. there is no  id="specialfirewall" on that page, which would explain why a link with #specialfirewall on the end of it only goes to the page and not to a specific location on that page.

• Like 1

• Solution
3 hours ago, eaglehopes said:

No. I am using index.php page to include other pages and external url tag is inside one of that pages. I can give an example :

url of the external page  : http://x.freecluster.eu/index.php?page=articles

tag in the external page : <h2 id="specialfirewall"> ....</h2> (title of one article)

I don't see any H2s with ids on the page. You can't link to one of them until they are given ids.

Why do you not have a page dedicated to showing a single article? You should be linking to that, not to some anchor buried deep on a paginated page.

14 hours ago, requinix said:

I don't see any H2s with ids on the page. You can't link to one of them until they are given ids.

Why do you not have a page dedicated to showing a single article? You should be linking to that, not to some anchor buried deep on a paginated page.

@mac_gyver and @requinix thanks, you could not see "specialfirewall" tag, because I removed it as requinix said that after my last post. In the post before this I noticed that what requinix "will say" is logical : why am I holding my left ear with my right hand? :) Thanks.

19 hours ago, eaglehopes said:

Sometimes I saw that some sites do such things,,, maybe I saw it wrong, because I could not remember any site name.

I think it is not feasible to do such thing. Maybe I must seperate pages and link to seperate page which will be the most easy solution for now ☺️

I was completely WRONG! I checked it in another page and worked ! It is feasible and that works actually like all contributer's said : if there is a tag and its valid id at the end of the link after "#" ! My big sorry again !

Edited by eaglehopes

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.