double database comparaison ?

Tekky

Hello, i need to compare two tables together. Here's my objective

One column in "a" database is named "Saint". And one column in "b" database is named "Nom". If for exemple, in  the column of "a" is the name "test", then it has to look in database "b" and look for the same name. If the same name is on the database b, then i need to get the data (it's an url) of another column in the database b and use it as a href. I already know how to use the href in the project and the rest is done, both database are made and forms ready to insert new data in both but i'm a bit stuck on this problem :(

So you want to do a query against 2 tables that exist in separate databases.  No big deal.  Make it look simpler.  You want to query for a value in one table and see if it is contained in some record in the other table.  Except for the referencing of the different db name, what is the real problem here?  There's got to be more of an issue.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.