Please how can I solve this PHP MYSQLI database problem?

Freddieyanc

Hi there, am an amateur in php and am trying to build a site where one can select an option from a dropdown-list, I have managed to load from MYSQL data-table onto the selection list, every option on the list has additional information in the data-table so when the user choose an option the other info should display in the text filled and label before submission.

My problem is, the details are not displaying on text input nor the label. I used Ajax to send to html, I have tried every possible way that I could. The confusing part is, when i was loading from the database onto the select dropdown-list sometimes the language is difficult to understand when some codes work at some pages and same code won't work at some. I have watch tutorials that did the same thing but when I try mine give error, " Notice: Undefined variable: rows in"----"Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in".

I realize that you are a relative newbie here so you may not see what we are seeing right now.  To you, the problem is right in front of you, but to us it certainly is not.  Without showing us code that is close to where your own debugging has brought your, we really cannot help you.  People who browse forums for problems that they think they can help with are going to skip right on by this post with no code being shown.  They know.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 5:42 PM, Freddieyanc said:

Hi there, am an amateur in php and am trying to build a site where one can select an option from a dropdown-list, I have managed to load from MYSQL data-table onto the selection list, every option on the list has additional information in the data-table so when the user choose an option the other info should display in the text filled and label before submission.

My problem is, the details are not displaying on text input nor the label. I used Ajax to send to html, I have tried every possible way that I could. The confusing part is, when i was loading from the database onto the select dropdown-list sometimes the language is difficult to understand when some codes work at some pages and same code won't work at some. I have watch tutorials that did the same thing but when I try mine give error, " Notice: Undefined variable: rows in"----"Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in".

We have to see at very least the parts of your code you know or suspect don't work.  Use the code button <> to paste those parts of code into your messages.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.