Specify

Oguruma

I need to get some data from a third-party server with a Curl call. The problem is I get the 'legacy renegotiation failed" error, since the the third-party server doesn't jive with OpenSSL 3.X. 

I managed to get data by specifying an alternative OPENSSL_CONF and running the script manually, but I don't know how to specify that file within the script, itself.

I made a ssl.conf file in the plugin directory with 

[openssl_init]
ssl_conf = ssl_sect

[ssl_sect]
system_default = system_default_sect

[system_default_sect]
Options = UnsafeLegacyRenegotiation

And then the call OPENSSL_CONF=ssl.conf php rmls-test.php.

The code runs and returns data as expected. The question is, how do I specify the OPENSSL_CONF inside my script?

You can try using putenv to set OPENSSL_CONF.

If that doesn't work and you're need this for a site, you could set the variable in your web server's config (ie, SetEnv for apache).

For a CLI script you could create an alias/script and use that to set it.  You could check with your script if it's been set and if not abort with an error.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.