CSS, DIV and fully resizeable

LeonLatex
Go to solution Solved by kicken,

I set up a site a long time ago where I depended on the site being 100% scalable. Due to the web page's content and placement of content boxes/DIV's. I eventually found out because time pressure that the easiest thing was to set up the page using w3 schools class on all DIV's. Then I got text and other content to scale according to all screen resolutions, in all directions. I am trying to find out how, for example, the CSS for <div class="w3-container"> is put together. I've learned to set up CSS that works like that, or like that. But the problem is that my CSS doesn't work as smooth and fine as the <div class="w3-container"> or other elements such as <header class="w3-container">
IS there anyone here who can tell me where I can find all the data for how W3 schools' div and header class are set up? Or if you can tell me somewhere where I can find the source for how w3 schools' classes are set up/combined?

• Solution
6 minutes ago, LeonLatex said:

Or if you can tell me somewhere where I can find the source for how w3 schools' classes are set up/combined

Presumable that would be in whatever .css file you imported into your page to make those classes available to you in the first place.  You could just use the browser's dev tools to inspect the elements and see the rules and properties applied too.

Have you looked over the documentation?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kicken said:

Have you looked over the documentation?

I have been looking for a kind of documentation. But I haven't been able to find it. And by the way... I have used the browser developer tools, but there is so hard to read this without line spaces and it is so much, and it is so unmanageable. I just have to use more time on this, something I don't have too much of..... Thanks any way Kicken😊

PS. I thank you for the link to the documentation. There it was a link to "w3CSS Downloads I haven't seen before. I will use some time on those pages and see what it contains.

I have setup a little Codepen giving the basic structure of using grids, Flexbox and media queries. I still use a variation of it now with my websites. Here's the link -> https://codepen.io/Strider64/pen/gOGqrxo In my opinion it's better than just throwing all div elements all over the place. Just another option and I think you will be surprise how less CSS you use.

• Thanks 1

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.