Contact Form Issues

BookSense

I don't know exactly it is called, but sometimes you have to give your ISP `permission` to use certain email clients. I know Gmail for example does and I had to change some settings on my email server portion.

Edited by Strider64

your web hosting probably has a Frequently Ask Question section that lists any requirements and a code example to send emails.

you would need to post any code you have tried to get any help with what could be wrong with it.

code examples you find on the web as usually lacking in security, lacking a good user experience, are filled with unnecessary typing, are missing error handling and validation logic that would get them to tell you (display/log) why they aren't working, and most, incorrectly, are using the email address that was entered by the visitor as the From: email address (these emails are NOT being sent from the email address that was entered, they are being sent from the mail server at your web hosting and the Form: email address must use a domain name that is either at your web hosting or is tracible back to the ip address of the sending mail server through dns records.)

Edited by mac_gyver

• 1 month later...

The issue with your contact form could potentially be related to your server hosting. Here are some steps to address the problem:

Check server requirements.

Verify email settings.

Test the script independently.

Review error messages.

Implement debugging and error handling.

Consider server-side limitations.

Explore alternative solutions if needed.

Ensure you have backups of your website and files before making any changes.