[eclipse] Add to environment (added to the script environment path) option for library

• rick645 changed the title to [eclipse] Add to environment (added to the script environment path) option for library

The eclipse PHP environment (PDT) is built upon the eclipse "Dynamic Languages Toolkit"(DLTK).   What the DLTK does is build the internal structure that PDT depends upon to map and index the project files. 

It utilizes the project source tree, so in general, there is no need to go farther than that, and as php has evolved with the advent of composer, there isn't much need to specify the location of libraries that exist outside of the source tree.  In the olden days of PHP when people used PEAR libraries, you would have pear libraries that were put in a shared location, but PEAR is entirely deprecated now that we have composer for component library management.

I don't use Eclipse PDT much these days, other than for a specific maintenance project, as I find that PHPStorm or VSCode with the inteliphense plugin are both much better IDE's for PHP development at this point in time.  

On 7/21/2023 at 7:07 PM, gizmola said:

The eclipse PHP environment (PDT) is built upon the eclipse "Dynamic Languages Toolkit"(DLTK).   What the DLTK does is build the internal structure that PDT depends upon to map and index the project files. 

It utilizes the project source tree, so in general, there is no need to go farther than that, and as php has evolved with the advent of composer, there isn't much need to specify the location of libraries that exist outside of the source tree.  In the olden days of PHP when people used PEAR libraries, you would have pear libraries that were put in a shared location, but PEAR is entirely deprecated now that we have composer for component library management.

I don't use Eclipse PDT much these days, other than for a specific maintenance project, as I find that PHPStorm or VSCode with the inteliphense plugin are both much better IDE's for PHP development at this point in time.  

I have expired the trial, and I should buy it. Have you purchased it (do you use landscape deceased)?

On 7/24/2023 at 11:20 AM, rick645 said:

I have expired the trial, and I should buy it. Have you purchased it (do you use landscape deceased)?

I wanted to say paid.

9 hours ago, gizmola said:

I just use eclipse with PDT.  I'm not sure what you are using.  For PHP development I really would endorse the other options I mentioned.

I understood that both used.

On 7/21/2023 at 7:07 PM, gizmola said: