live streaming audio

Ninjakreborn

I have a client that bought sam broadcasting.  It looks harder to integrate, is there an alternative, to allow a radio to be played live through a website.  24/7
There are a lot of expenses with this sam broadcasting, as well as a lot of problems, you have to have shoutcast or another streaming server, it's harder to integrate, can't even find out what language the stupid thing is built in, any advice.

1. I apologize for the way it was phrased, here it is rephrased

[quote]I have a client that bought sam broadcasting.  It looks harder to integrate than something I am use to, is there an alternative, to allow a radio to be played live through a website?
There are a lot of expenses with this sam broadcasting, as well as a lot of problems, you have to have shoutcast or another streaming server, it's harder to integrate, can't even find out what language the stupid thing is built in, any advice.[/quote]

2. I couldn't tell the language, because it's mentioned nowhere on the site where you buy it at, or within the documentation, how can someone tell without even seeing the program.

3. I don't see anywhere, where anyone mentioned about me being a master of all languages.  It doesn't say that on my website, or the freelance forum.  My clients know (obviously by my website), what I know, and what I don't.  So they comments were taken a little offensively.  I am playing with languages, I made a mistake for putting ones I was studying, or just hobbying with as languages I was experienced it, that has (since then), been changed quite a long time ago.

4. I already spoke with the owner of the software, it was written in delphi.
I also realized it was easy to integrate
* get a windows server, with php/mysql, (it only runs on a windows server)
* Download, ftp, install sam broadcaster
* setup sam broadcaster
* install the encoder and hook it to the stream server (in this case shoutcast as opposed to windows media)
* Install the php2web component and skin/mod it to look as I (the client) wants)
* upload and get his music into the database
* connect the database to the streamer
* it takes care of the rest, at that moment all you have to do is integrate it onto the website itself, and it's ready to go.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.