Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shan_cool

Increment count

Hi All,

My query
SELECT count(*) as serial no,Lpad(defect_id,5,0) Def_Id,proj_name,prod_name,module_name,mail_id,developer_name,def_severity,def_priority,round,def_status,
def_date,caseno,lead_mail_id,exp_out,actual_out,mod_lead_mail_id FROM dt_defect where def_status <> 'Rejected' order by defect_id";
I want the output

serial no
can any body help me
Thanks
shan

order by [b]defect_id[/b]

I think you need to change 'serial no' to serial_no and order by that.

First, you may have to backtick a column alias with whitespace; second, why not just order by serial_no?

hi,,
thanks for ur prev reply.. but when i give it like

SELECT count(*) as serial_no,Lpad(defect_id,5,0) Def_Id,proj_name,prod_name,module_name,mail_id,developer_name,def_severity,def_priority,round,def_status,
def_date,caseno,lead_mail_id,exp_out,actual_out,mod_lead_mail_id FROM dt_defect where def_status <> 'Rejected' group by defect_id order by serial_no

it shows "1" as serial no for all rows.......

rgds,
shan

Perhaps I don't understand -- you're retrieving COUNT(*) as the serial_no? That doesn't make sense -- you'll necessarily get the same result for all rows. Please clarify.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.