• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rubens King

Rubens King
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:15 PM

[a href=\"http://highclans.co.uk/keyes/\" target=\"_blank\"]http://highclans.co.uk/keyes/[/a]

What do y'all think?

#2 frustrated

frustrated
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:40 PM

I like your idea for the navigation. I think it's original but as far as usability goes I think it's a bad idea. No one want to have to break their neck just to read the navigation. You should make it easy for people to use your site and that makes it very difficult.

As far as the layout I mean it's pretty simple and clean..but I like clean.

Seriously think about reworking that navigation.

#3 moberemk

moberemk
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 695 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:09 PM

I have to agree with what he said. The navigation is simply stupid, because it makes your site hard to read without whiplash.
Disclaimer: No matter how harsh I may be, I'm always IMO only.

#4 redbullmarky

redbullmarky
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,863 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire, England

Posted 07 February 2006 - 03:09 PM

[!--quoteo(post=343283:date=Feb 6 2006, 11:09 PM:name=moberemk)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(moberemk @ Feb 6 2006, 11:09 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I have to agree with what he said. The navigation is simply stupid, because it makes your site hard to read without whiplash.
[/quote]

i wouldnt go as far as stupid, but otherwise i agree to an extent. rework it using a very similar concept, as it IS original. i'd automatically say try and do the nav horizontally, but i'm not sure that would have the same unique effect. otherwise, the whole thing is tidy, if a little 'bare' sometimes.

Cheers
Mark
"you have to keep pissing in the wind to learn how to keep your shoes dry..."

I say old chap, that is rather amusing!

#5 Prismatic

Prismatic
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 503 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:43 AM

[!--quoteo(post=343440:date=Feb 7 2006, 10:09 AM:name=redbullmarky)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(redbullmarky @ Feb 7 2006, 10:09 AM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
i wouldnt go as far as stupid, but otherwise i agree to an extent. rework it using a very similar concept, as it IS original. i'd automatically say try and do the nav horizontally, but i'm not sure that would have the same unique effect. otherwise, the whole thing is tidy, if a little 'bare' sometimes.

Cheers
Mark
[/quote]

Actually, hes using the same menu style as the Xbox 360 :D
[img src=\"http://xbox-360.xavbox.com/photos/xbox-360/jeux-xbox-360.jpg\" border=\"0\" alt=\"IPB Image\" /]

#6 redbullmarky

redbullmarky
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,863 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire, England

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:23 PM

[!--quoteo(post=344400:date=Feb 10 2006, 10:43 AM:name=Prismatic)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Prismatic @ Feb 10 2006, 10:43 AM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Actually, hes using the same menu style as the Xbox 360 :D
[/quote]

oh cool i think the main difference then looking at that is that the text on the xbox360 page contrasts a lot more with the background, so it makes it easier to read.
"you have to keep pissing in the wind to learn how to keep your shoes dry..."

I say old chap, that is rather amusing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users