Newbish question

Stickybomb

Hi i have been using php for several monsths now and I think it rocks.

how ever i was wondering when your echoing html with php how you can get it to display it cleaner like tab and organized like it was coded that way. I tried using the /n new line but it just displays the text? ???

can some on please help me with this thxs  :)

Example.

[code]
<?php
  echo "<html>\n";
  echo "  <head>\n";
  echo "    <title>foo</title>\n";
  echo "  <head>\n";
  echo "  <body>\n";
  echo "    <p>this is a paragraph</p>\n";
  echo "  </body>\n";
  echo "</html>\n";
?>[/code]

no i know the whole /n new line code, sorry if I was unclear I was wondering if there was another way of doing the same sort of thing. the /n does not always work in every situation, and i tend to be very neat and picky when it comes to my code so I am looking for the most control over how it outputs it.

The \n not /n does work when within double quotes. I'm a little lost as to what your question really is. Are you asking how to make newlines in html source or in html output? A new line in html is <br /> as jesirose pointed out. Otherwise, you'll need to explain your question better.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.