3 replies to this topic

#1 Kris

Kris
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,755 posts
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:31 PM

Up untill now I have only been working on projects that are small enough to remember their structure and feature set, or where I can scribble down on a sheet of paper. I now have a rather large project coming up and I would like to design some diagrams where I can outline the entire structure of the site, and what features are where. Does anyone use any software to do this? I have downloaded a few trials, but haven't found anything that is what I'm really looking for.

Any help and/or advice on this is appreciated :)

#2 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 27 February 2006 - 06:19 PM

Visio comes to mind... or if you're really hard up, Powerpoint/Word both have objects you could use to do layouts. But a graphics design suite would also have that capability.

Info: PHP Manual

#3 Guest_askjames01_*

Guest_askjames01_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2006 - 08:34 PM

ok, i'm not an expert but my idea came from those experts in software engineering...
they say if you construct a BIG software you should divide it into separate small pieces or they called
it MODULE and make a flowchart or Pseudocode to it after you are finished constructing those small MODULES then you can now combine them into one BIG piece... Yeah!, Ober is right
VISIO I think is helpful.

I hope this will give you an idea SA...

-/james
----------
your good neighboor

#4 Guest_askjames01_*

Guest_askjames01_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:03 PM

how about SMARTDRAW?
VISIO vs. SMARTDRAW?

mmm, i don't know which is the best?