Help with complex webpage

bean420

I have just got an internship with a company that runs a website. They have a secendary website that allows users to make a simple webpage that list products and gives a brief company info. I have no clue how to edit these pages. I have a intermediate knolege of PHP and MySQL " I can make/edit tables ,and I can use PHP to retrieve data."

The problem is that webpage use CSS and i know less of that. My question really is where do i get started . There are many files in the root directory. the index is just a place holder for a plesk UI . I have tried changing font properties with in these files but nothing happens on the Page.

I would be happy if i knew where the i just write hello world on the body of this page

Please someone help me

Thanks in advance ------>please dont torch me

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.