Lemon Demon

neylitalo

I'm going to invoke the "anything goes" rule for this forum, and share with you one of my favorite bands: Lemon Demon. You may have seen The Ultimate Showndown Of Ultimate Destiny - they did the "soundtrack". They've got a bunch of songs for free download, at http://www.lemondemon.com/downloads.html - If you like Tenacious D, I think you'll like Lemon Demon.

I really like their creativity - a few examples: Action Movie Hero Boy and Ode to Crayola.

Meh. Not really impressed.  All of the songs I listened to (5 or 6) sounded like they all coulda been more or less the same song.  It sounds like they almost made it to something creative and funky.  Almost, but not quite.  I think they have potential, but need to try a little harder. 

On a side note, for some reason, this music doesn't seem to fit in with my mental image of you, neylitalo.

hmm listenable, but not fantastic.

*puts music hat on*

I like minor/major scales and pretty basic stuff. When a band tries to be innovative/funny/quirky/clever, etc, one of two things happen. a) they end up ridiculously big, like Queen, Radiohead, REM, etc. b) they die on their ass.

It just doesnt strike up any happy or nostalgic or sad or anything in me. It's just music. When I turn on a song, I want it to make me dance around, get nostalgic, make me laugh, make me think, etc.

Happy/Uplifting/DriveTime!!!: Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles, Bryan Adams - Summer of 69, REM - Leave, Motorhead - Ace of Spades

Neutral/Dreamy/Thoughtful: Smashing Pumkins - Mayonnaise, Led Zep - Bron Yr Aur, Simple Plan - Perfect

Sad: Beth Orton - I Wish I'd never Saw the Sunshine (cover, but not sure who of), Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees

*takes music hat off*

I dunno. I'm all up for giving bands a second chance and a second listen, but i'm very fussy about what clogs up my earholes these days.

Either way - thanks for sharing it with us!

Not in the same league as Tenacious D, whos album is in my personal top ten (their film sucked a bit though, apart from the musical bits). Love the Ultimate Show Down of Ultimate Destiny song (the ska version is cool too), although I saw the flash animation before I heard the song on its own, same goes with the Ebaums World song, that animation cracks me up! Not really feeling the other songs on their site though.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.