If - else problem with database connectivity

miligraf

Hey there, the problem ive encountered is:

I made a control panel but i run a two language site, so instead of having two different files for each language, ived used this in every file (add, edit, delete) so they have a language selector with an URL like this www.domain.com/?page=add&connection=english:

$connection=$_GET['connection'];
include('databaseconnection-selector.php');

In the databaseconnection-selector.php file i have this:

$connection=$_GET['connection'];
if ($connection==english)
include('english-databaseconnection.php');
else
include('theotherlanguage-databaseconnection.php');

Oh and the problem is that i can only Add and Edit for the language that is in the else condition (default) so i have to put the other language in the else condition so i can Add and Edit for that language.

I hope you get the idea of what i have done lol :D

Two things:

1. You do not need to have "$connection=$_GET['connection'];" in both files. You are just resetting the variable to the same value

2. I believe the problem is due to the fact that you are not enclosing "english" within quotes of your if statement.

This

if ($connection==english)

Should be this

if ($connection=="english")

None is working.

This is what happens when i try to edit the "english" database (theotherlangua database is in the else so its the default), i get the fields with the info that i can edit and submit changes but when i want to see the changes, i dont see any...it doesnt change the info in the database.

Like if i could Add info but not Edit it.

Ok, its fixed...the form was all in a file so when i hitted "Update" it ran the second part of it but now it runs another file that does the updating ::) BUT i still wonder why this doesnt work (have all in one file)? why do you need another file that does the update part?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.