New Website Layout (With Color! haha)

esgarrouth19

So, I just created a new layout for my website. I've redone the code completely, and actually made it simpler. It isn't entirely finished, and I am open to change it still. If you could, take a look at it (just the link I provide, the links on the site still include data from my old site.) and let me know what you like/dislike about it, what should be added/removed/changed, and if it is broken in any browser that you have. Thanks!

http://www.frohsenwebdesign.com/testing/main/

Well, I think it looks better than what you had before, but here is my critique.

- You need to add more padding around your text.  It is pushed up against the border right now.

- The menu background should extend the width of your content

- Your header is very empty, I don't understand the oval

- The page content is very empty, there is too much text and it should be broken up somehow. 

- Add some graphic elements

- Do you really want it to look like a green hilighter?

- spice up the menu with some background changes on rollover

- fix up that portfolio page with some bigger thumbnails and some columns if you aren't going to add more info

- this list is also broken on firefox

That is what I think at first site. I can post screen shots and point out some layout issues if you can't already see them yourself.

I use PHP for my site, and a database for all of the text. It includes the current files when you click on those links, but I haven't formatted those pages for the new layout because they are still formatted for my current layout. The only page formatted for the new layout is the link I provided.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.