does such a website exist?

pouncer

I'm looking for a website where i submit a word, it will tell me if that word is a noun/adjective etc etc.

To be precise, I will use the website for a PHP socket script to submit a words and try and get the nouns/adjectives from a sentence.

I hope someone can help!

It's not the solution to your other noun/adjective problem because there's a contextual element that is likely beyond normal computational abilities.

polish - verb or adjective depending on context

house - noun or verb depending on context

and we can go  on with examples till the cows come home.

I don't think you get what he means. If you supply the word "house", then a computer (or a human) wouldn't know whether it was a noun or an adjective as it can be both. Humans only require a context to put it in, but it might be a little harder for a computer (or the person programming the script/program).

Take a look here for instance: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=house

He's not asking for some script to look at a sentence and determine whether a word is a noun, adjective, etc...

I think what he is looking for is like when you go to dictionary.com and you enter in a word and it returns fields of information and one of the fields is the word's part of speech and what he wants to do is to have his script be able to submit a word to somewhere (like dictionary.com) and then grab the results and parse the part of speech field and flag it if 'noun' or 'adjective' is listed in the part of speech field. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.