A basic Template!

igor berger

to be brutally honest, it looks like it took about 5 minutes trial and error, with no thought about either colour or layout whatsoever. colours are incredibly bright and harsh and would probably give me a headache if i was reading content on the site for too long. in subtle doses, the colours COULD work - eg, look at the copyright text. for big blocks, ie the top+left, it's a no-no for me.

why not take a look at other travel related sites to see what sort of themes and schemes they do? throwing something together in 5 minutes in the hope that someone may like it is kinda like pissing in the wind.

Thanx for your comments.

It took me more than 5 minutes to do. :)

I used Photoshop to create the buttons last year,

I am not looking to build a new Website with 25,000 pages.

I am experimenting with different techniques, so I can debug my main Website.

So back to basics to iron out the fundamentals.

There are bugs on the main Website that came from a previous version.

I do not have the luxury or the budget of starting from scratch and building a new Website.

So it is more like patching things together to make it work.

Sort of life support!

But I am taking all your input, to fix the bugs, and when our company has the budget to hire programmers to build a clean new Website.

Redbull, again thank you for all the input.

It is highly appreciated,

Igor

Thanx for your comments.

It took me more than 5 minutes to do. :)

I used Photoshop to create the buttons last year,

I am not looking to build a new Website with 25,000 pages.

I am experimenting with different techniques, so I can debug my main Website.

So back to basics to iron out the fundamentals.

There are bugs on the main Website that came from a previous version.

I do not have the luxury or the budget of starting from scratch and building a new Website.

So it is more like patching things together to make it work.

Sort of life support!

But I am taking all your input, to fix the bugs, and when our company has the budget to hire programmers to build a clean new Website.

Redbull, again thank you for all the input.

It is highly appreciated,

Igor

I agree with the guy above. The code of the website isnt the problem here. You could use that exact same code and layout, just replace the pictures/colors.

Look around for some colour charts to get a general idea of what colors should be used where, etc...

Pink is hard to pull off (it can be done), unless your a pro stay away from all bright colors like that

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.