Please check screen layout

it doesnt look too bad. readability is ok and whilst it looks quite "busy", seems easy enough to get around.

i completely suck at chess, but in game #07125 (the current one), shouldnt F6 --> H5 solve the problem?

also, on FF2, I get javascript errors by clicking on the board/pieces.

Yes, I know. I haven't got that chess puzzle part working yet. I hope to have a new puzzle appear everyday in that section.

You can register and start playing if you like, but it isn't finished yet. Got lots of stuff to do on it yet, but the chess playing part works. The registration part should be working correct now. I had a duplicate entry I forgot to delete from earlier on.

You say the screen is 'busy'. Do you think I should reduce some of the content?

so was my answer right then? hehe ;)

You say the screen is 'busy'. Do you think I should reduce some of the content?

no not really. often i find that busier sites just get a bit overwhelming and tricky to find what you want, but in this case i didnt - so if anything, that's a job done well.

That's interesting. What does this cgi-sys/scgiwrap mean? I can't find it on my files on cpanel to block. How will I be able to stop other people reading this file?

Anymore files that people can read that I don't know about?

yeah...just checked out your site...would i be right in thinking you designed it with the 1024 * 768 resolution in mind? Im running it on a 1280 * 800 size monitor...and everythings off to the left...anyways if you make a new div called "container" and have it start just before your first piece of content (ie not a script) and end just before the </body> tag...then align it to the centre of the screen using:

#container {

width: 95%;

min-width: 600px;

max-width: 1200px;

margin: 15px auto;

text-align: left;

background: #FFFFFF;

}

or something similar...you may have to adjust the rest of the CSS - didnt look at what you have...but if its positioned absolutely you might run into trouble.

nothing seems out of place...just off to the left - unless you want it like that!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just changed my site so it *should* now auto centre, left and right. Can someone please check it on a 1280*800 size screen? The max mine goes to is 1024*768, so I can't see if i've done it correctly.

Thankyou

it's left aligned here on 1280x800. i do believe it's because, whilst you've set "min-width", you need to set the actual width for margin:0 auto to work correctly

edit yep, using firebug to change min-width to just width:980px, the site centers itself.

<div id="background_main" style="margin: 0px auto; position: relative; width: 980px; min-height: 650px;">

yep. though when i switched it to 1024x768, it does kinda overhand the screen on the right hand side a bit so some parts aren't "central". maybe it'd be worth taking 50+ or so pixels off the width altogether. 1024x768 is probably the most common, afterall.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.