SleekUpload.com Critique

• 2 weeks later...

Not a bad site, must have taken you quiet some time to get to where your at with it.

Just a few things I noticed:

• Header is a bit dull, could use some improvement
  • When you go to the home page I think there should be an introduction explaining what the site is about, maybe use some simple images to illustrate this.
  • Possibly make the header a link to the homepage?

Best of luck!

Just had a look at your site.

Looks good, the only thing i noticed is that when viewed in IE6 your header logo overlaps the content section by at least 10px.  Also the background colour of your logo is not the same as the page background.

Hope that helps. :-\

Overall the site design is good and clean.  I would not personally go with this type of color scheme, but I'm much more conservative in my approach to web design as well.  My main suggestion is to add some sort of graphic somewhere in your logo at the top.  Weird to see background patterns making a comeback in web design.

Yikes:

1) It's very blue.  I'd suggest using an alternative color as well because everything just kind of blends together.  You should also have darker colors in the background and ligher colors in the actual content area.  It helps to direct the user's eyes to the right stuff.

2) If I hit upload without selecting a file, it still goes through the process of trying to upload, but it doesn't give me any errors.  ??

3) If you're going to tell me I can't do something without logging in, why not hide that stuff until I do?

4) Why can I only add 1 upload box?

5) When I think "sleek uploads"... I want more than the ability to upload single files by selecting one at a time.  If you really want this to take off, write a client side piece that can grab multiple files at once or grab all the files out of a folder.

6) The logo is pretty weak and doesn't exactly make me think "sleek".

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.