climate change

s0c0

Okay so this is not a believe it or not thread. But I think you should all go out and replace some of your regular lights bulbs with fluorescent light bulbs cuz it reduces c02 emissions and saves you money on power bills. Plus they last 5 years. I just changed a bunch in my house in stupid places where you dont care about really nice lighting like closets, outside lights, stove lights, and hallway lights. So yeah go do it. If you're a guy more girls will want you and if you're a girl more intelligent nice guys will want you.

Here is someother shnit you can do: http://www.climatecrisis.net/takeaction/whatyoucando/index.html

I don't think it's a myth. I think it's a simple matter of cause and effect. Cut down trees and increase CO2 production => warmer climate. How much of a problem that really is can be disputed, but in the core I think this will always hold true.

Of course it's been hyped, and when there's a hype people start to resist the hype (also cause and effect).

A petition against global warming. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_Petition

Of the 19,700 signatures that the project has received in total so far, 17,800 have been independently verified and the other 1,900 have not yet been independently verified. Of those signers holding the degree of PhD, 95% have now been independently verified.

I have no interest in convincing you of anything, but this should be enough to show there is another point of view.

I rather think there's a bit too much peer-reviewed scientific evidence for that myth to survive much longer.

I don't doubt climate change at all, but to say its because of global warming is wrong in my opinion. Humans are involved, humans who would otherwise be out of a job. The reason so many people believe various things like this has little to do with science and everything to do with what they hear on tv. I am not saying that what is on tv may or may not be true, but that is what people use to form their opinion and I just find that to be rather stupid.

I am not saying that what is on tv may or may not be true, but that is what people use to form their opinion and I just find that to be rather stupid.

Amen to that (figure of speech, I'm not religious). Regardless of what you think, let it be what YOU think. And I think global warming is an inescapable fact.

I've yet to hear an argument from the 'in-denial' camp that makes sense.

Humans are involved, humans who would otherwise be out of a job.

That doesn't exactly convince me that global warming is a myth. What it does tell me is what your priorities are.

I think global warming is an inescapable fact.

This is one of those debates I couldn't really care less about, but I'll throw in my 2 cents based on some things I've read recently. While the trend seems to be that there is a slight increase in the temperature of the earth over the last 100 years (by slight, figures range from 0.45 - 0.6 degrees C in the last century), there have been ups and downs over spans of 20-30 years during that time as well.

Another thing to consider is the debate between surface and satellite measurements. Which ones are more accurate? Which ones show the most reliable trends? I for one have no trouble accepting and acknowledging that the data given seems to show a warming trend over the last 100 years, but when the last 30-40 of that is debatable between the different measuring techniques, I find that it's much too iffy to be dogmatic about it.

Here is the EPA page that covers all the points I've mentioned in much more detail should anyone care to do further reading on it:

http://yosemite.epa.gov/oar/globalwarming.nsf/content/ClimateTrendsTemperature.html

**EDIT**

Here is an interesting article for those of you who want support against the global warming theory as well (got to be fair and impartial here ;) ):

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/615626/posts

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.