Kill connection?

Azu

Can somebody please tell me how I can make php instantly close and not even send a response header so that a browser trying to connect will get error saying cannot connect to server?

Thanks, that isn't quite it though; when I use die, it still sends the headers and stuff to the browser, and lets it know that my site is on.

I want to make it appear offline (not send ANY data back) when injection attacks etc are detected.

So that it would seem like my internet cord is unplugged.

So in their browser it says it failed to connect to server or whatever.

So that it appears that my website is offline.

Not really possible by the time your request has gotten as far as php. best you could do would be send a 503 or something similar. eg;

header("HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable");

To do what you have in mind, it would need to be handled at the firewall level.

Okay thank you I will try that!

Just one more question.. is there a way to use PHP to add IPs to a blacklist on Jetico firewall, or a lightweight firewall that I can use just for this and won't interfere with my main firewall?

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.