Need help with finding a dynamic string in text

igor berger

Sorry guys to bother you with probably a simple thing, but I am weak on regex.

I need to find a subdomain of a domain in a text string.

The text string has text and urls that begin with http://

So I can locate the domain using preg_match()

Get the location of the domain using strpos()

But how do I count back to the first occurrence of http://

get that position and extract what is between string position $x and string position $z

The reason that I am doing this, is because many Spammers to my forum are using free Web hosting services that assign a subdomain to them, then they use JavaScript to redirect to their XXX graphics Websites.

I have already written a plugin to stop the post from being inserted to the database and redirect the offender to a Spam list page with offending domains.

The script checks if an offending domain in the message is found based on domains in my database.

Now I want to make a static page documenting the offense and giving notice to the owner of the domain that their subdomain account may be in violation of Webmaster Guidelines.

Here is a list of offending domains.

http://www.travelinasia.net/forum/project_honeypot.php

If anyone running a phpBB and needs the plugin to delete post automatically before they are published based on keywords found in the message please let me know, and will share it with you!

Thank you,

Igor

Come on guys I know there are some good PHP people here and I really need some help to get this done.

I have been asking some friends at GWH but we are not PHP experts like you.

http://groups.google.com/group/Google_Webmaster_Help-chit-chat/browse_thread/thread/a7168044d2c5cff0/a14a92026c6a00ae

It is for a good cause, and it does not matter what has happened between you and I in the past, is it? Do we need to go over the past again?

Is Torpe going to lock this thread also?

I mean I can go into the past details in GWH, on Matts Cutts blog, on CastleCops and many other places, but I would rather forget about the past and let live. We are here to help each other not to persecute!

And to clear the air, after I was delisted from Google, I contacted Google people and they put me back after 3 hours! So tell me if it a coincidence.

This is a second post I am asking for help and everyone ignoring the post!

I asked about something last week and no one replied!

I really do not want to have enemies in PHP community and let's work together. I never done anything bad to you, but just came here to have my Website critiqued and got delisted from Google a few days after that. And a little time later was back in! Is it all coincidence.

I do not know what more to say. If you guys are so selfish and vindictive, just lock the post and live your life, but through out my life I will never forget the treatment that I received here and will do my outmost to spread my feelings toward this community in the Webmasters circle.

I think I said enough. Up to you!

Thank you,

Igor

I do not know what more to say. If you guys are so selfish and vindictive, just lock the post and live your life, but through out my life I will never forget the treatment that I received here and will do my outmost to spread my feelings toward this community in the Webmasters circle.

What exactly is this about? And how exactly do you think this motivates us to help you?

Thorpe I relly want to forget what has happened! Maybe it is not easy to do!

And there is no real proof as to the blame and it is all about got feeling!

But do we have to hold animosity towards each other?

I am doing the Honeypot project to pay back the Internet community because someone at Google corrected the bad dead!

If I have said anything bad about this community I would like to apologize.

I only have an issue with one member and no one else.

And I am sure the case will come to resolution with time! That is life! It is cause and effect!

Igor

I have no idea what your talking about, but really, making threats...

just lock the post and live your life, but through out my life I will never forget the treatment that I received here and will do my outmost to spread my feelings toward this community in the Webmasters circle.

will get you knowhere.

Thorpe I really do not want to get into the past!

Like I said, I am trying to forget the incident.

If you would like to know more, maybe you should ask the other moderaters who were around when it happened.

I just came to get some PHP help and I see my post is being ignored so I spoke from my heart.

There is another post that I put in that was ignored as well.

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,142626.msg608879.html#msg608879

So lets just forget the bad feelings that transpired and if you really like to know more about what happened, please talk to ther other members of the community.

Thank you,

Igor

Just because your post is being ignored doesn't mean we are ignoring you/or being selfish as you put it. No one here gets paid for any help they do on this site. If you are getting help for free how can you complain? There could be many reasons why your questions don't get answered to, the most common one is posting unclear or complex questions.

Wow, thats a rash response if I ever saw one. No one that spends their time helping in this form will purposfully ignore a post for no apparent reason! Perhaps they couldn't figure it out, didn't have an explanation, didn't understand the question. All these possibilities must seem more logical than a plot to not help you!

I do a lot of free volunteer work at Google Webmaster Help, and we get thousands of unique and original requests for help about search engine indexing everyday.

Every question gets answered, no matter how important or unimportant it is.

We all try to help Webmasters with their issues.

It is all about sharing and helping each other build a positive Internet experience for the users.

If you are interested in helping, you can follow the isue from this link.

I do not want to repost the story, also it is no good for search engine indexing.

http://groups.google.com/group/Google_Webmaster_Help-chit-chat/browse_thread/thread/a7168044d2c5cff0/9ff14f859f7c2798

Thank you for your help!

Igor

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.