Photo

Unable to post on the Newbie forum

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 kenrbnsn

kenrbnsn
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 8,235 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 08:33 PM

This is happening again. :-(

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--][!--fonto:Times New Roman--][span style=\"font-family:Times New Roman\"][!--/fonto--][!--sizeo:6--][span style=\"font-size:24pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]Not Acceptable[!--sizec--][/span][!--/sizec--][!--fontc--][/span][!--/fontc--]
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /forums/index.php could not be found on this server.[/quote]

This for a regular post without code tags.

Not Good.

Ken

#2 Barand

Barand
  • Moderators
  • Sen . ( ile || sei )
  • 18,021 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:03 PM

Looks like I too am barred from the forums

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--][!--sizeo:6--][span style=\"font-size:24pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]Forbidden[!--sizec--][/span][!--/sizec--]

You don't have permission to access /forums/index.php on this server.[/quote]
If you are still using mysql_ functions, STOP! Use mysqli_ or PDO. The longer you leave it the more you will have to rewrite.

Donations gratefully received

moon.png

|baaGrid| easy data tables - and more
|baaChart| easy line, column and pie charts

#3 darkcarnival

darkcarnival
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 162 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:27 PM

could be a firewall issue?

might want to check your firewall settings.

#4 steelmanronald06

steelmanronald06
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:42 PM

perhaps eric is working on the forums or the server? we have discussed this in other post. He is doing some server work on phpfreaks, and there has been numerous other errors. these errors are short lived. If they continue then it might be approiate to PM phpfreak (eric).

#5 Barand

Barand
  • Moderators
  • Sen . ( ile || sei )
  • 18,021 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:38 PM

[!--quoteo(post=358996:date=Mar 27 2006, 08:27 PM:name=darkcarnival)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(darkcarnival @ Mar 27 2006, 08:27 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
could be a firewall issue?

might want to check your firewall settings.
[/quote]

I would if I had one!
If you are still using mysql_ functions, STOP! Use mysqli_ or PDO. The longer you leave it the more you will have to rewrite.

moon.png

#6 darkcarnival

darkcarnival
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 162 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:20 AM

Barand,

just curious are you on dial-up or broadband?

if broadband there should be a firewall on your router or modem that your ISP has in place, and if your running xp SP 2, there is also a built-in firewall.

#7 Barand

Barand
  • Moderators
  • Sen . ( ile || sei )
  • 18,021 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 08:39 AM

dial-up

moon.png

#8 TheShipsMast

TheShipsMast
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 01:08 PM

I am getting it on all forums when trying to create a new post

#9 neylitalo

neylitalo
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 02:40 PM

[!--quoteo(post=358996:date=Mar 27 2006, 02:27 PM:name=darkcarnival)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(darkcarnival @ Mar 27 2006, 02:27 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--] could be a firewall issue?

might want to check your firewall settings. [/quote]

It's certainly not going to be a firewall issue on the client side... maybe on the server side, but definitely not client side. If I were to take a guess, it'd be that the PHP Freaks staff was working on it, and maybe changing some Apache access directives.

http://nealylitalo.net - My personal website, and home of The Netizen's Journal.