[SOLVED] Include in html file causes gap in IE7

gavcity

Hi, bit of a stupid question I'm sure but I am including a menu via php in a html file and it is causing a gap in IE that isn't there if I just do it as a straight html file.  Looking at the generated code in IE7 the only difference is a little - at the start top of the include presumably added by the server when it starts to include the external file.  This does not appear when I view the source in Firefox and naturally there are no problems with the rendering in that browser.

The page is here.  You will notice the 'included' bits which start at 'Here are some other ' in the left column and with the info image in the right column are dropped somewhat in IE7, not sure about 6 etc.

Any ideas??

Attached is a picture of the dash that appears at the start of the include when viewing the source in IE.  This does not appear when viewing the source in Firefox.  As far as I'm concerned it can only be this that is causing the extra line gap before the stuff I want included and it isn't in the original code.

[attachment deleted by admin]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.