24 replies to this topic

#21 Kris

Kris
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,755 posts
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 04 April 2006 - 01:14 PM

[!--quoteo(post=361360:date=Apr 3 2006, 10:44 PM:name=redbullmarky)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(redbullmarky @ Apr 3 2006, 10:44 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]the F11 key on the Mac is also a godsend too sometimes.[/quote]
Thats the Konspose isn't it? I love that tool, It uses F9 and F10 aswell but slightly different function to F11. I'm in my office at the moment, but if I can recall, F9 spreads all of the widows out on the screen and you can pick one to bring to the front. F10 spreads out all of the windows within the current active application. Love it!

There are a few things that are a bit annoying in OS X though for me...
1) You can only drag a window bigger/smaller from the bottom right.
2) The lack of a # key, I can never remember the key-combo... Is it Option + 3 ?
3) You can't open folders by pressing return on them, that activates the rename command.

There are a few other things too that I can't remember right now, but they are just minor inconveniences that I will get the hang of soon.

Oh, the Genie effect when you minimise stuff is pretty cool too!

#22 Masna

Masna
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 288 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:45 PM

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]There are a few things that are a bit annoying in OS X though for me...
1) You can only drag a window bigger/smaller from the bottom right.
2) The lack of a # key, I can never remember the key-combo... Is it Option + 3 ?
3) You can't open folders by pressing return on them, that activates the rename command.[/quote]

1, yeah that's a bit annoying, but I've gotten used to it simply by habit.
2, just press Shift + 3, exactly like on a PC keyboard.
3, that took awhile to get used to. I still wish there was a right click option that activated re-naming folders. Oh well.

As for everything else, you just have to get used to it. They come along with the many wonders of OS X, and go with the many reasons it's just better than Windows. As for Vista, psh. (Anybody noticed Microsoft never actually makes anything new, just encase it with a glossier style?) *cough*xbox and 360*cough* *cough*Windows 95 and 2000*cough*
I like LoL.

#23 Kris

Kris
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,755 posts
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:55 PM

[!--quoteo(post=361686:date=Apr 4 2006, 08:45 PM:name=Masna)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Masna @ Apr 4 2006, 08:45 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]2, just press Shift + 3, exactly like on a PC keyboard.[/quote]
Maybe for your American keyboards, but on a British one, we have a pound (£) sign on our '3' key! And I did get it wrong, its alt+3 for a #, not option+3... On a UK keyboard that is anyway.

#24 Masna

Masna
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 288 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 April 2006 - 02:04 AM

[!--quoteo(post=361694:date=Apr 4 2006, 07:55 PM:name=SemiApocalyptic)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SemiApocalyptic @ Apr 4 2006, 07:55 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Maybe for your American keyboards, but on a British one, we have a pound (£) sign on our '3' key! And I did get it wrong, its alt+3 for a #, not option+3... On a UK keyboard that is anyway.
[/quote]

Oh, that's interesting. How is it over there in the UK? (Winston really kicked butt against the Lud...eh, German Air Force (in WWII), huh?) - AP European History, sorry!
I like LoL.

#25 jcombs_31

jcombs_31
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,066 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 18 April 2006 - 02:40 PM

I personally use windows but support close to 1000 macs at work. I can say that the powerpc has many hardware problems, especially the ibooks and imacs. THe ibook harddrives constantly fail along with the logic boards. I've had numerous video problems and some power supply problems. I have not yet used an intel based mac.

I can say this, the OS has come a long way, and I somewhat like it, but the hardware has been crap. They are getting better with integration with mixed enviroments, and hope to fully use Active Directory with Open Directory soon. Right now I have it in testing in a wireless environment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users