[SOLVED] Firefox Bug

TheFilmGod

Hi, I found a firefox bug. I was looking on google if anyone has yet found it. And I still can't find documentation for it. What happends is I have a three column css. Done by floating each element to the left. This works in firefox fine. But when a parent to those three columns, container, has a border attached. That border is not rendered in firefox. It is rendered just at the top. Then the rest of the content is overlapped by the floats. Now, IE WORKS!!  ;D

But mozilla firefox doesn't?  ???

Here is the html snippet

<div id="interact"><div id="interactbuttons">

<div id="interactfriend">friend</div>
<div id="interactnominate">nominate</div>
<div id="interactshame">shame</div>

</div></div>

FULL CSS:

#interact {
width: 388px;
border: 1px solid #0000FF;
position: relative;
margin-top: 10px;
}
#interactbuttons {
width: 380px;
margin: 0 auto;
}
#interactfriend {
width: 120px;
float: left;
}
#interactnominate {
}
#interactshame {
}

Here is a link. This page has some extra content, but I don't want to clog up the above codes... ;D

wwpknights.com/profiles/bug

okay. So the solution is to use absolute positioning from the parent's edges. And then you have to have to define the height of the parent. This isn't a too bad, but I would have rather let FireFox show its awesome powers then see IE stand up and defeat it crazy style...  :)

Please tell me if there is another way to do three columns. And if you have heard about this bug! Greatly appreciated! Thanks! 8)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.